ACCESS: Academic Critical Communication in English
Tuesday March 21st at 2:45 PM until 4 PM
University of Victoria (Mearns Centre / McPherson Library, 151B)Event Website
An opportunity for students with
English as an Additional Language
January 10 & 24, February 7 & 21, March 7 & 21
Tuesday afternoons, 2:45 to 4:00pm
McPherson Library / Mearns Centre, 151b
The Academic Critical Communication in English Seminar Series is an opportunity for all UVic students with English as an additional language who want to improve their ability to communicate in English within an academic context.
Participants will complete a short reading and writing activity, receive coaching on vocabulary use and pronunciation, and get tips for developing confidence and ability in reading and writing.
Students who attend this series will learn and practice skills to
· Increase reading and writing speed
· Increase academic vocabulary
· Respond to academic writing
· Be more confident participating in group discussions
· Think, read, write, listen, and speak critically Free and open to all UVic graduate and undergraduate students whose first language is not English. Contact EAL Specialist Gillian Saunders at The CAC (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to sign up. Some drop-in spaces may be available. Space is limited to 12 students per session. Sign up early Students who attend four or more ACCESS sessions are eligible for a certificate of completion.
View Larger Map